An important component of the JB Safe Diesel safety package for engines operating in hazardous areas is the exhaust gas cooler. This component regulates the exhaust outlet temperature and all surface temperatures that are in contact with the hot gasses coming from the engine exhaust. Each cooler design is sized to accommodate the required application temperature class rating and interface with components such as Exhaust Gas Flame Traps, if required.
The core material in the build of a JBSD gas cooler is the Fin Tube, unique to all JBSD gas coolers with a reliable global field service that now extends beyond 25 years. All JBSD Gas Coolers are extremely efficient which translates into versatile and compact designs that suit all applications, engine types and sizes. A robust component with a proven track record for successfully tackling a hard job.
JB Safe Diesel manufactures and delivers complete hazardous area SafeCooler™ kits that include:
- Air inlet shut down valve.
- Air inlet flame trap.
- Engine crankcase breather flame trap.
- Exhaust flame traps.
- Exhaust flame trap dummies.
- Positive lock oil filler cap. (where required)
- Positive lock oil dipstick. (where required)
Where required we can also supply complete engine / exhaust gas cooling packages branded as SafePack™. This including powder coated aluminum marine radiator with integral compressor oil cooler (where required), anti-static fan and belts. Our DNV certified 3GHI Protection™ system can also be supplied as part of the SafeCooler™ kit as well as the DECAM™ Diesel Engine Control and Monitoring system.
- Explosion proof SafeCooler™ kits for engines from 70HP to 2000HP for Zone 2 suitable for use with engines from many different manufacturers including Volvo Penta, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar, MTU, Perkins, Deutz and others.
- Special projects for diesel engines located in Zone 2 area.
We have solid experience in supplying equipment that meets even the most stringent regulatory requirements, regulations, standards, certifications and technical documentation demands. All products will be in accordance with local requirements such as ATEX 94/9/EC, IECEx, NORSOK Z-015, OLF 070 etc. The products are delivered with full documentation and warranty.
Product range of SafeCooler™ kits for Hazardous Area (Zone 2):
- SafeCooler™ 100, up to 100HP.
- SafeCooler™ 200 , up to 200HP.
- SafeCooler™ 300, up to 300HP.
- SafeCooler™ 400, up to 400HP.
- SafeCooler™ 500, up to 500HP.
- SafeCooler™ 600, up to 600HP.
- SafeCooler™ 700, up to 700HP.
- SafeCooler™ 800, up to 800HP.
- SafeCooler™ 900, up to 900HP.
- SafeCooler™ 1000, up to 1100HP.
- SafeCooler™ 2000, up to 2000HP.
Other ratings is also available. Please contact us for information.