3GHI Protection™ bringing diesel safety protection to the next level
This new generation safety system boasts extreme reliability and will give the entire system ‒ including the diesel engine ‒ the safest protection available for Zone II operations. As an extra advantage, the 3GHI Protection™ system incorporates 2G certified gas detection for use in Zone 1, and the system complies fully with NORSOK Z-015. Every diesel unit manufactured by JB Safe Diesel is offered with the high integrity safety system 3GHI Protetction™, the first 3G diesel safety system possessing a SIL level according to EN 61511 and designed in compliance to EN 50495:2010. 3GHI Protection™ is ATEX, IECEx and DNV 2.7-2 compliant.
Operate your unit in Hazardous area (Zone II) without flame arrestors
The 3GHI Protection™ system eliminates the need for an exhaust flame arrestor on the exhaust gas cooler, not only securing longer operating times, but also protecting the health and fuel economy of the engine far more efficiently than traditional flame arrestor systems. The 3GHI Protection™ is certified and type approved by Notified Body (DNV GL).
The 3GHI Protection™
- 100% independent and standalone safety system.
- Certified for operation without exhaust flame traps.
- 94/9/EC ATEX compliant.
- DNV 2.7-2 compliant.
- IECEx compliant.
- Includes field instrumentation conforming to NORSOK Z-015.
- Up to SIL 2 according to EN 61511.
- In compliance with EN 50495:2010.
- In compliance with OLF 070 guidelines for applications of IEC 61508 and 61511.
- Easy to integrate into process or plant system, standard Field Bus.
- SIL 2 fire monitoring integration possible.
- Gas signal for process or plant system up to SIL 2 according to EN 61511.
- Easy integration of additional equipment such as transmission, pump and fire detection for safety and explosion protection.
3GHI Protection™ – major advantages:
- No special solutions – the system is designed with standard equipment.
- No special electronic cards.
- No flame arrestors in exhaust.
- No calibration needed.
- Prepared for integration with DECAM™ Diesel Engine Control and Monitoring system.